- In Nov of 2010, we hosted our first ever Hijabi Fashion Week with a small circle of blogging sisters. We had humble hopes of sharing fashion inspiration and unifying Muslimah bloggers.
- The result was, to our surprise, explosive! The selected participants were consistently involved in giving feedback and supporting each other throughout the event and we also noticed a spark throughout the blogosphere. Sisters enthusiastically shared the news of our event and took the initiative to join in.
- This season, by request, we've opened Hijabi Fashion Week to anyone and everyone interested in joining and MashAllah, thanks to you all, HFW has become a major online event for Muslimahs worldwide.
- Alhamdulillah this HFW was very successful- we found great style inspiration, got to know awesome participants, worked with wonderful sponsors, and became closer to our incredible fans!
Today is a gift, that's why it's called the Present!
- Although the official event is coming to a close, HFW continues with our Week of Winners starting June 13th! Each day we'll be announcing the winners for each of the giveaways:
Giveaway Last Day to Enter Winners Announced
June 12 June 13 June 13 June 14
June 14 June 15
June 15 June 16 June 16 June 17
June 16 June 17
June 17 June 18 June 18 June 19
- By the way, if you are participating but still need to link your outfits, please check each category's post (next to the "Add your link" button) for the last day to accept links. After all submissions close, we'll be posting a complete participants list, so make sure you're on it!
- We hope you will walk away more ideas, more friends, and most importantly a strengthened confidence as a hijabi. Let us know what you got out of this event by filling out the feedback survey posted later this week. Your opinions are crucial to improving the Hijabi Fashion Week experience!
But wait, there's more!
- This week has been so fast-paced and fun, it might leave you wondering, "When is the next HFW?" Have no fear stylish people, the next HFW will be held in November 2011 InshaAllah!
- In the meantime, this blog will be covering all your fashion needs: interviews with the latest designers and industry insiders, exclusive sneak peaks into your favorite lines, style tips from some of the most up and coming bloggers, more outfit inspiration, and of course more giveaways!
"Faith is more essential than fashion, wouldn't you agree?"
Just a reminder, first and foremost to ourselves, our modesty is a beautiful part of our faith as Muslim women. Hijabi Fashion Week, uses the word "hijab" specifically to emphasize modest coverage as part of our individual styles. We believe faith should always come first and our involvement in fashion should support that faith, not replace it. As a thank you for sharing how hijab can easily be part of our lifestyle choices and for joining us throughout this week, we will be posting a special fan appreciation feature soon! Until then, check out this cool nasheed by Dawud Wharnsby: